Friday, February 16, 2007

Baby's First Misdemeanor

The other day we were out shopping at the grocery store. I was with another one of the company wives, and I was babysitting my friend's 4-year-old, and we had Carlos (aged 10) along with us as well. I was using a shopping cart that is basically a child's car with a shopping cart basket on top. Unbeknownst to me, Alec got out of the car while it was parked at the cash register and I was discussing treats with Joffre and his friend. All of a sudden, I heard Alec in the distance gleefully yelling "numnumnumnumnum!" A quick glance around revealed him running hell bent for leather for the door. We intercepted him, and the thing that had prompted his exaltations of "num!" was a bag of chocolate-covered peanuts clutched to his chest.
Clearly, he'd noticed that we were distracted, grabbed the nearest bag of candy at toddler level, and made a beeline for the exit.

No comments: