Friday, September 15, 2006

Day Eight: Post-Machu Picchu

As it turned out, Aaron had not managed to get into Huayna Picchu the day before, as they close the gate at 2:00 pm. So, he got up at the crack of dawn and headed out for the ruin once more. My grand master plans for the last day in MP Pueblo were to check out other hotels in the town for my upcoming return to MP with my parents in July. I toured a number of spots, and after a leisurely coffee, we eventually hooked up with my exhausted husband and made one last visit to the hot springs. While there, someone stole a towel we had rented, and we had to pay a fine for the towel loss. We ate pizza for lunch, and wandered back toward the train station.

Our train left at 4:00, and the first 2.5 hours of the trip weren't so bad. However, I could definitely have done without the hour or more of switchbacking back into Cusco with two grumpy, tired kids. Luckily, we got picked up by the lovely Celia, and shuttled off to our hotel again. We ordered in pizza and fell, exhausted, into bed.

No comments: