Tuesday, March 06, 2007

How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?

So, at 6:00 the morning after we got back from Cusco, I woke up to an enormous pair of blue eyes staring seriously into mine.

"Mom!" announced Joffre.
"Mrph?"
"Why you come back from your trip?"
"Well, sweetie, because we missed you."
"Yeah, I miss you too. When you go another trip?"
"Um, I don't know . . . "
"When you come back your next trip, you gonna bring me FOUR presents!"
"Um, well, we'll probably bring you just one present, just like this time . . . "
[triumphantly, as though playing his trump card] "No! You gonna bring me FOUR, because I FOUR years old!"
"Well, that's certainly some kind of logic."

Good to know what's really important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, does that mean I am going to get 54 presents the next time I see you???