Monday, October 30, 2006

Pie Thief

The so-called "pie gene" is well-documented in the Clark and Gunson families, where if you don't dive in after Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, you might not get any pie at all, where Aaron's cousin David at the age of two actually knew what the letters p-i-e spelled, where a single man can finish an entire pie off in one sitting and think nothing of it, where a favorite motto is "I never met a tart I didn't like."

So I probably shouldn't have been too surprised to walk into the kitchen and find Alec, aged 17 months, peeling back the plastic film from a pumpkin pie, and then digging in:


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, he's a boy after my own heart...as a child I was famous in my own family for my amazing ability to consume pumpkin pie. And now I really, really want a piece of pumpkin pie. SIGH.

;)

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cute! And talk about who he is taking after!?! He is eating pumpkin pie, his red hair is very evident in the sulight, and he is using his left hand (and he is really cute, did I already mention that?).

Melania said...

Heh, heh, heh!!! Yes, he's got good strong Cannon blood . . . I'm pretty sure he's my little lefty.

Maybe Alec and Grandpa Clint will have to have a pie-eating contest come December - between you and Melanie, I feel I owe a few people in Canada pumpkin pies!!!